Honoring a Veteran Who Has Passed

If you’re planning a funeral service for a loved one who served in the military, you may be eligible for certain support services from your local veteran’s administration. The director at your funeral home can assist you in arranging a funeral ceremony or cremation service that is a fitting tribute for a veteran who has passed away.

Your loved one may qualify for burial services at a national cemetery or state veteran’s cemetery, and the government will handle most of the funeral expenses. If you opt for a private cemetery, your funeral home director will help you arrange the funeral, but you may be responsible for the expenses. You can arrange for military funeral service honors by contacting your local honor guard representative for the appropriate military branch. You can also obtain special veteran’s burial plot markers and a burial flag.

If you need assistance arranging a funeral near Oahu, HI for a veteran, come see us at Valley of the Temples Memorial Park. Our experienced funeral home staff can guide you through the process of planning a funeral with veteran’s honors. To learn more about our funeral home and funeral services, call us today at (808) 239-8811.